Home » , » Historian Bill Lebovich tour of the Stones.

Historian Bill Lebovich tour of the Stones.

During a 1958 renovation of the Capitol, the Architect of the Capitol removed hundreds of

sandstone and marble blocks from the building, some featureless slabs and some ornate carved pieces, most dating from the building’s original construction. Not quite sure where to put this historic stone (the law barred selling or disposing of it), the builders quietly piled the stones behind a maintenance shed in Rock Creek Park, and abandoned them. Read more:
Share this video :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Copyright © 2016. dada - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Travel Mongolian
Proudly powered by DG