Posted by Dorjoo Dook Posted on 7:48 PM with No comments
Considered one of the country’s most sacred spots by the Malagasy people for 500 years, the
Royal Hill of Ambohimanga is a historical village that was once home to Madagascar royalty. The wall that surrounds the village was made in 1847 and was constructed with a mortar made of lime and egg whites. The Mahandrihono compound includes the former home of King Andrianampoinimerina, with walls made of solid rosewood, and artifacts of the island’s great king, including drums, weapons and talismans.